Who writes your error messages?
~ 27 September 2005 ~
Friday’s rant about timid error messages and the ensuing conversation left me wondering who’s writing all the error messages out there.
Thus, I open it up to you, the reader: Who writes the error messages for the sites/apps you’re part of? Since Mikey D has yet to release his ajaxy polls to the public, we’ll have to do this the old-school way (leave a comment).
- The programmer
- The designer
- The copywriter
- The project manager
- The CEO (yikes!)
- Whoever finds the error
- A combination of two or more of the above
I guess the real question then becomes, Who should be writing error messages?
Stock photography, type, and killer tees. Genuinely recommended by Authentic Boredom.
Authentic Boredom is the platitudinous web home of Cameron Moll, freelance new media designer, author, and speaker. More…
Full-time and freelance job opportunities. Post a job...
A selection of fine reading, available for a limited time only:
- Jobs home page reorg
- Coming soon: Mobile Web Design, the book
- Dyson ad: Text as more than just words
- Setting sail for Europe
- Review: Sumo Omni bean bag chair
- Dashboard widget for Authentic Jobs
- Limited-time offer: $99 listings
- Nine skills that separate good and great designers
- Fire sale
- Introducing AuthenticJobs.com