Editor’s note: The information contained in this series is based on reputable medical studies, training and knowledge gained supporting others, and the authors’ own personal experience. However, we advise readers to call a crisis hotline or seek professional help to address their unique personal circumstances.
If you or someone you care about has been impacted by mental illness, or you’re just beginning a foray into understanding mental health, this series is for you.
Performant Mental Health is a five-part series designed to ignite greater awareness of mental health issues at home and at work, encourage more candid conversation on the topic, reduce the stigma associated with mental illness, and improve mental performance at home and at work. Written for everyday people by everyday people.
We, your authors, are everyday people just like you. We’ve been impacted directly or indirectly by mental illness, misperceptions, and misinformation. Yet we’re fortunate to have had experiences that uniquely position us to write this series. For example, we have years of professional experience in some of the most demanding corporate tech environments, behavioral and mental health experience counseling adults and juveniles impacted by mental illness, and nearly 40 years combined experience raising children (10 kids among us!).
- Part 1 – A Beginner’s Guide to Mental Health & Mental Illness. Brief overview of mental health physiology, the spectrum of mental health issues, understanding the prevalence and hardship of mental illness, and guiding principles of this series.
- Part 2 – Addressing Your Mental Health with Honesty, Empowerment, and Creativity. Recognizing the adverse signs of mental health, bundling and experimenting with treatment options, combating negative self-talk, and developing a proper understanding of recovery.
- Part 3 – Champions of Recovery: Supporting Those Affected by Mental Illness. Recognizing stigmas, how to avoid being part of the problem, do’s and don’t’s of what to say, and addressing the potential impact to your well-being as caretaker or friend.
- Part 4 – Mental Health in the Workplace. Principles of an inclusive workplace, preventative mental health at work, empathetic leadership, and your rights as an employee.
- Part 5 – In Their Own Words. Guest authors from assorted backgrounds share their insight and personal experience on a wide variety of topics.
We’re so glad you’re here. Grab the RSS feed or subscribe to be notified by email.