The geek will see you now
~ 15 October 2004 ~
So yesterday I’m perusing medical blogs for work-related marketing purposes. First time ever. Thought it would be as enjoyable as the annual physical.
Turns out they’re much more entertaining than I expected. And get this — some of the docs even write like real human beings. Yes way.
A few morsels of medical banter I encountered:
- Suzie (who respectfully hides her full indentity for the sake of her patients):
…excerpt from dr. orkin and other sad stories
- Richard Winters, who doubles as the stadium physician at Fresno State games:
…excerpt from Stadium Physician
- Dr. Bradley, whose blog is aptly titled “Kill as few patients as possible”:
…excerpt from Country Willie & The Space Shuttle Debris
- And finally, Michelle Walrath’s The Underwear Drawer, best blog description east of the Mississippi:
I’m still adjusting to calling myself ‘dotcom geek’ without using those finger air quotes.
Comments are either closed or disabled for this article.
Authentic Boredom is the platitudinous web home of Cameron Moll, freelance new media designer, author, and speaker. More…
Full-time and freelance job opportunities. Post a job...
A selection of fine reading, available for a limited time only:
- Jobs home page reorg
- Coming soon: Mobile Web Design, the book
- Dyson ad: Text as more than just words
- Setting sail for Europe
- Review: Sumo Omni bean bag chair
- Dashboard widget for Authentic Jobs
- Limited-time offer: $99 listings
- Nine skills that separate good and great designers
- Fire sale
- Introducing AuthenticJobs.com