Sponsorship opportunity now available
~ 29 March 2005 ~
For about two years now, I’ve been the proud owner of Hash FC, a men’s soccer team (football team for ye Brits) in the Utah Soccer Association. The Association, which celebrates its 100th anniversary this year, is home to roughly 70 teams in 6 divisions. Hash FC placed second in its division last year, and most of the team returns for the 2005 season.
Up to this point, HashMedia has sponsored the team. I co-own HashMedia, but as of recently I’ve unofficially separated myself from the company. I have plans for other similar ventures, and there isn’t room for the HashMedia brand in those plans. But that’s another tale for another day.
Thus, this opens up a sponsorship opportunity. However, this isn’t your average sponsorship. This is a rather unique opportunity that will require a unique relationship. Because, in addition to sponsoring the team, your company will also receive sponsorship mention on Authentic Boredom in the highly coveted spot just above the first comment on all comment-enabled articles, both new and current ones. (See sample here.)
The sponsorship mention on Authentic Boredom will look something like this:
2005 Official Sponsor, Hash FC soccer team. Something here about your products/services. More »
As for the team sponsorship, Hash FC will sport new USA National Team replica jerseys for the 2005 schedule. We have these in hand, and we’re ready for your logo to grace the front of these jerseys. (Click to view enlarged picture.)
Here’s a summary of the deal:
- This is a two-fold sponsorship that includes 1) your company logo/URL on the Hash FC jersey for the 2005 schedule (April–November), and 2) sponsorship mention on Authentic Boredom to tens of thousands of readers for roughly the same period of time (April–September).
- This is NOT a first come, first serve gig. Instead, this is a first relevant, first qualified opportunity. I’m not interested in advertising, but I am interested in proudly displaying the name of a company whose products/services I can trust to recommend to others.
- Again, the unique nature of the relationship: You’ll be advertising both online and offline, both to readers of Authentic Boredom and to anyone involved in Association games. Therefore, it may take a little while to find the perfect sponsor. Until then, things will stay as they are around here, and only numbers will printed on the jerseys until the right relationship is found.
- 3 seasons, 10 games each. The Spring, Summer, and Fall seasons have roughly 10 games each. This is a mix somewhat akin to a city/county/state league, so fan attendance is minimal (mostly significant others, friends, etc). You’ll be visible mostly to players, whose average age is between 20-35.
- Yes, I play. Though I’ll be sitting out during Spring’s games. And quite frankly, I’m no Ronaldinho, but I can at least hold my own as a defender.
- The bottom line: Total cost of the sponsorship is $6,000. The first game is April 2, so be sure to contact me immediately as to not miss out on more than a game or two.
Does your company fit the bill? Interested in this unique opportunity? Please contact me and let’s discuss. (Only serious inquiries will be considered.)
Comments are either closed or disabled for this article.
Authentic Boredom is the platitudinous web home of Cameron Moll, freelance new media designer, author, and speaker. More…
Full-time and freelance job opportunities. Post a job...
A selection of fine reading, available for a limited time only:
- Jobs home page reorg
- Coming soon: Mobile Web Design, the book
- Dyson ad: Text as more than just words
- Setting sail for Europe
- Review: Sumo Omni bean bag chair
- Dashboard widget for Authentic Jobs
- Limited-time offer: $99 listings
- Nine skills that separate good and great designers
- Fire sale
- Introducing AuthenticJobs.com