Typefaces no one gets fired for using
~ 29 August 2006 ~
Make a list. Tested typefaces that are rock-solid reliable for print, web, or both.
I’ll go first:
Tag, you’re it.
Update: Phoebe suggests we also list the typefaces you should be fired for using. Dan Mall already took care of that.
An AsideWhat if some of these typefaces were in the public domain and installed on a large majority of web user’s computers, thereby making them available as HTML-rendered fonts and not just as image text? Coincidentally, Andrei Herasimchuk makes this very argument and invites others to in An Open letter to John Warnock. Two of the fonts mentioned here are on the list.
Stock photography, type, and killer tees. Genuinely recommended by Authentic Boredom.
Authentic Boredom is the platitudinous web home of Cameron Moll, freelance new media designer, author, and speaker. More…
Full-time and freelance job opportunities. Post a job...
A selection of fine reading, available for a limited time only:
- Jobs home page reorg
- Coming soon: Mobile Web Design, the book
- Dyson ad: Text as more than just words
- Setting sail for Europe
- Review: Sumo Omni bean bag chair
- Dashboard widget for Authentic Jobs
- Limited-time offer: $99 listings
- Nine skills that separate good and great designers
- Fire sale
- Introducing AuthenticJobs.com