We have two winners
~ 02 February 2006 ~
A big thank you to the nearly 400 of you that responded to the CSS Mastery book giveaway. We have two winners:
- Chris Vannoy was the first to prove the great state of Maryland has the most specialty license plates of any U.S. state. He slipped in his comment by email before Joshua Steimle posted the correct answer. The article he cited (requires registration, but there are similar articles mentioned in the contest) states that there were 656 designs at publication nearly two years ago. Reportedly there are over 700 today listed here. Favorites include the B & O Railroad Museum, the Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office in the US, and the always explosive Fraternal Order of Bomb Technicians.
- Miko Walczuk, who owns and operates a LG vx6100 on the Verizon network in Hawaii, takes the second book. His comment (#157) was selected using this random number generator.
And the rest of you? Again, thank you — I’ll be compiling data from your remarks to help with thoughts for upcoming presentations at SXSW and @media.
Photo CreditLicense plate photos courtesy of Plate Shack.
Comments are either closed or disabled for this article.
Authentic Boredom is the platitudinous web home of Cameron Moll, freelance new media designer, author, and speaker. More…
Full-time and freelance job opportunities. Post a job...
A selection of fine reading, available for a limited time only:
- Jobs home page reorg
- Coming soon: Mobile Web Design, the book
- Dyson ad: Text as more than just words
- Setting sail for Europe
- Review: Sumo Omni bean bag chair
- Dashboard widget for Authentic Jobs
- Limited-time offer: $99 listings
- Nine skills that separate good and great designers
- Fire sale
- Introducing AuthenticJobs.com