Decorate vs. Communicate: The article you’ll write
~ 21 November 2005 ~
Here’s where you come in: Be a contributing author for the upcoming article, “Good Designers Decorate, Great Designers Communicate”. Leave your pensive and concise thoughts about this subject in the comments, and I’ll then play the role of editor and compile noteworthy comments. In other words, I won’t write anything for this article — you will. I’ll simply compile your thoughts in an organized fashion.
A few guidelines:
- Keep your comments short and concise, say 5 sentences or less. This will make it easy for you to leave a comment and hopefully ease the burden of editing for me.
- Glance over the other comments to avoid duplicating what’s already been said.
- Enter your website address (not in the comments but in the designated form field) if you want me to link to you if/when the article is published.
- Should you need help getting started, read Eight things I wish I’d known when I started (#4). This is where I first mentioned decorating vs. communicating.
Who knows — this idea could totally flop or it could totally take flight. Let’s have some fun with it and see where it goes.
Stock photography, type, and killer tees. Genuinely recommended by Authentic Boredom.
Authentic Boredom is the platitudinous web home of Cameron Moll, freelance new media designer, author, and speaker. More…
Full-time and freelance job opportunities. Post a job...
A selection of fine reading, available for a limited time only:
- Jobs home page reorg
- Coming soon: Mobile Web Design, the book
- Dyson ad: Text as more than just words
- Setting sail for Europe
- Review: Sumo Omni bean bag chair
- Dashboard widget for Authentic Jobs
- Limited-time offer: $99 listings
- Nine skills that separate good and great designers
- Fire sale
- Introducing AuthenticJobs.com